Thank you for supporting Bookmarks!
When you support Bookmarks:
- You invest in the power of imagination. Browsing Bookmarks is the best way to discover great books. We pick the authors who visit throughout the year and the books we feature based on interests in our community.
- You supercharge a child’s learning. Children who grow up with books are an average of three years ahead with language and comprehension than children from bookless homes. Profits help us reach 7,500 students annually through our Authors in Schools program, place books in the hands and homes of children, and save schools thousands of dollars on books for their libraries and classrooms.
- You embrace what makes our community unique. We celebrate a varied world and carry a wide array of books because we know our community and hope to support their many interests.
- You become a patron of schools and the arts. Supporting a local, nonprofit, independent bookstore through your book purchase and not a remote, online bookseller, ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested right here in our county and state.
- You create local jobs and internships. We are generating jobs, while also offering customized internships and volunteer opportunities for all ages.
- You help build a greener future. Supporting Bookmarks conserves energy and resources through reduced fuel for transportation and reduced packaging.
- You make Winston-Salem a destination. We are proud to host the largest annual book festival in the Carolinas each September. The more interesting and unique we are as a community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors, and guests. This benefits everyone!
- You keep dollars in our local economy. For every $100 you spend at Bookmarks, your local, nonprofit, independent bookstore, more than $68 stays in our community. Even better, all profits are reinvested into our nonprofit’s community outreach.
- You take advantage of our expertise. You are our friends and neighbors, and we have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. Please let us share our passion with you—we LOVE to talk books and authors!
- You help Bookmarks double our community outreach. With the creation of our new bookstore, we will reach over 50,000 people in the coming year while hosting locally, regionally, and nationally known authors. Your support helps us continue to make a difference as we connect people with authors and books through our programming.