Engagement Coordinator at Bookmarks
Bookmarks, a literary arts nonprofit and independent bookstore, seeks an Engagement Coordinator. This full-time position is a part of the operations team and reports to the Operations Director. This position specifically oversees content for Bookmarks’ social media, website, and e-newsletters, and works with various team members to support a variety of events and event planning.
Ideal candidates will have social media experience and strong time management skills. This position also requires an enthusiastic, solutions-driven individual that will celebrate Bookmarks’ mission while operating under our core values of collaboration, community, diversity, and excellence.
Candidates should email: cover letter and resume with three references listed to Jamie Rogers Southern, Operations Director, at email@example.com
- Oversee content and implement marketing strategies across various mediums and provide structure across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Maintain Bookmarks’ website, including updating content on a regular basis. No web development experience needed.
- Regularly update event calendars and e-newsletter for marketing purposes.
- Arrange Festival specific promotion annually.
- Implement social media plan and increase digital outreach efforts.
- Research and contact specialty groups who may have an interest in our events.
- Work directly with Vela Agency on community and media engagement, as needed.
- Support various author events – both onsite and offsite.
- Research authors and availability; help with author proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, non-profit management, or a related field, plus two to five years of experience with content management.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with a diverse range of constituents and ability to work on a team towards a common goal.
- Excellent communication skills: telephone, email, writing, and in-person communication skills with comfort speaking publicly.
- Organized with attention to detail; ability to prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Dependable, reliable, honest, and trustworthy, with high ethical standards.
- Genuine enthusiasm and passion for books and Bookmarks’ nonprofit mission.
- Willingness to learn and become aware of book industry news and trends and provide in-store book recommendations.
- Availability to work some events on nights and weekends regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and carry boxes up to 40 pounds across the store and stand for long periods of time.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. It will be a non-exempt hourly position. After a 90-day training period, Bookmarks provides nearly 75% payment toward health and dental insurance, life insurance, as well as 18 PTO/holidays annually.
Bookmarks is a literary arts nonprofit whose mission is to ignite the love of reading by connecting our community with books and authors. Bookmarks produces the Carolinas’ largest annual Festival of Books and Authors, a Bookmarks in Schools program, and over 250 year-round author and reading events around the Triad community and in its gathering space and nonprofit independent bookstore located in downtown Winston-Salem. Learn more at bookmarksnc.org.
Equal opportunity employer
No other positions are available at this time. However, Bookmarks Senior Management Team is happy to keep resumes on file, should a job become available.
Interested in bookstore positions? Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for future bookseller employment opportunities.