Bookmarks is now hiring a part-time Volunteer Coordinator
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the recruitment, training, and retention of Bookmarks’ volunteers. It is the responsibility of the Volunteer Coordinator to be an advocate for Bookmarks in the community and to make sure all volunteers are equipped to ensure successful execution of assignments. Integral to the role of the Volunteer Coordinator is creating a diverse volunteer pool that assists the staff in ensuring the mission of Bookmarks is achieved. This position reports to the Program Director.
This is a part-time position working 15-25 per week. The schedule is flexible and can be arranged according to the needs of the organization. Not all hours are required to be worked from Bookmarks. Additional hours may be needed depending on the Bookmarks calendar and program schedule. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for fulfilling any gaps in volunteer needs.
All Bookmarks staff are required to abide by the code of conduct and core values of the organization as we strive to create an inclusive and welcoming place for all.
- Seeking out volunteer recruitment opportunities and developing a diverse volunteer pool of significant numbers to satisfy the needs of all programming;
- Developing training materials and opportunities for all volunteers on a regular basis ensuring that all volunteers are equipped to handle all the tasks involved in their assignment;
- Working with Bookmarks staff to cultivate meaningful opportunities for volunteers, providing precise information and communication between staff and volunteers;
- Ensuring that all volunteer assignments are completed as specified; closing the loop with volunteers, staff, and other community organizations to ascertain feedback on the experience, thoroughly communicating feedback to appropriate Bookmarks staff members;
- Maintaining a volunteer database that is organized and accessible for tracking hours, trainings, and background checks, as well as recording relevant volunteer information;
- Coordinating all volunteer efforts surrounding the annual Festival of Books and Authors, held the last full weekend of September each year;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and show initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, leading and coordinating volunteers
- Adept at troubleshooting and problem solving
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Basic technology skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Salary is $16 per hour. No medical, vacation, or retirement benefits provided. All staff receive free galleys (books in pre-publication form), audiobooks, event tickets, and opportunities to meet authors on a regular basis. Additional benefits available.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. Applications will not be received in person or over the phone. Review of applications will begin on December 5.
Bookmarks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, national origin, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, body size, ability, appearance, religion, or citizenship.
Last updated November 15, 2022