We are seeking applications for a part-time social media and event marketing coordinator.
Social Media & Events Marketing Coordinator
Bookmarks is a 501(c)(3) literary arts nonprofit organization based in downtown Winston-Salem, North Carolina. We believe in “Books with Purpose” and are passionate about igniting the love of reading by connecting our community with books and authors. This part-time position will be responsible for event promotion and will manage Bookmarks’ social media channels. This position will report directly to the Executive Director. Our ideal candidate will be an organized individual with a creative eye who can multitask efficiently and work independently.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing Bookmarks’ two social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, by creating content, scheduling posts, and interacting with followers daily
- Maintain online community event calendars and work with volunteers to add events regularly
- Managing bookmarksnc.org event calendar
- Creation of monthly event materials
- Creation of event graphics for social media and in-store promotion
- Write press releases as directed
- Targeted marketing and outreach to specific community groups
- Write weekly newsletter
- Maintain slideshow of coming events inside Bookmarks
- Work in Bookmarks’ office on a regular schedule during normal weekday business hours.
- Graphic design experience, with knowledge of Canva preferred
- Adept at Facebook, Instagram, and Google Suite
- Prior experience with creating and managing a content calendar
- Ability to problem solve, work independently, and intuitive thinker
- Use of personal computer and internet
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on technical writing
This position will be required to work at Bookmarks during a regular schedule during weekday business hours.
Pay rate: The pay rate for this position is $12-15 per hour. This position is 20-25 hours per week
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Bookmarks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, national origin, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, body size, ability, appearance, religion, or citizenship.