Now hiring for part-time Booksellers
Booksellers work primarily in the Bookmarks Bookstore, reporting to the Retail Manager and performing the day-to-day tasks that keep the store functioning at its highest potential. While part-time booksellers work primarily in the bookstore, they often support other departments across the organization on projects and programs that support the overall mission of Bookmarks.
Booksellers are responsible for bookstore tasks including but not limited to customer service, customer checkout, completing online and special orders, answering customer questions, and daily tasks ranging from shelving to vacuuming and dusting. The primary goal of the bookseller is to introduce customers to the mission of Bookmarks and ignite their love of books.
All employees will receive training about Bookmarks and its mission. Employees will be required to work at the Bookmarks Festival of Books. Booksellers may be asked to assist in other departments, reporting to the Executive Director, Program Director, Inventory Manager, or Youth & Schools Manager.
Hours and Scheduling:
- Typically scheduled 10-25 hours per week on the sales floor.
- Shifts are usually 9:30AM-3:30PM or 3:30-9:30PM; preferred availabilty 4 shifts per week.
- Must be available on weekends and holidays.
- This is a permanent position; booksellers must be able to work year-round starting in November 2021.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must genuinely enjoy talking about books and helping readers of all ages.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and show initative.
- Team player who can work with co-workers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Basic technology skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite, the ability to learn the point of sale system and inventory database, and basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment.
Salary is $12 per hour. No benefits provided.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume detailing relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be received in person or over the phone. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Now hiring for part-time Office Specialist and Volunteer Coordinator
The Office Specialist & Volunteer Coordinator will provide a variety of general administrative and office support to the Bookmarks team. Working mostly with the Directors and Managers.
All employees will receive training about Bookmarks and its mission. Employees are required to work at the Bookmarks Festival of Books.
Hours and Scheduling:
- Typically scheduled 20 hours per week in the Bookmarks back office.
- Availability Monday-Friday and ocassional weekends or holidays.
Specific job requirements include:
- Recruiting and onboarding volunteers, making sure they understand the history and mission of Bookmarks well enough to be an effective advocate in the community.
- Training volunteers in specific functions, such as onsite events, offsite events, storytime, offsite book sales, and more.
- Scheduling volunteers for all tasks relating to year-round events and outreach, as well as the annual Festival of Books.
- Serve as Volunteer Coordinator at the annual Festival of Books.
- Maintaining the office supply and equipment inventory, ordering when needed and tracking orders.
- Preparing mailings and other large office projects.
- Tracking subscription and service renewals and corresponding communications.
- Administrative support for events such as managing registrations, ticket tracking, communication, and more.
- Tracking data as it relates to Bookmarks events and outreach.
- Regular office filing and record keeping.
Salary is $15 per hour. No benefits provided.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. Applications will not be received in person or over the phone. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Bookmarks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, national origin, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, body size, ability, appearance, religion, or citizenship.