Bookstore & Gathering Space
Visit Bookmarks, a literary arts nonprofit and independent bookstore in downtown Winston-Salem!
Bookmarks' mission is to foster a love of reading and writing in the community by connecting readers and authors through our annual Festival of Books, an Authors in Schools program, and year-round author events held here and across the Triad. By buying books from us, volunteering your time, sharing your enthusiasm and donating monetarily, each person who walks through our doors will help our nonprofit accomplish the important work of our mission for years to come.
Bookmarks is located at 634 W. Fourth Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
From W. Fourth Street, walk through the breezeway between Design Archives and Domino's Pizza; we are located in the same building as Footnote Cafe & Event Space.
- Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday 12 - 6 p.m.
- Bookmarks occasionally opens late or closes early for ticketed and private events. Please check our monthly calendar for more details.
- Everyday free parking is located behind Bookmarks (use 632 Holly Ave NW for GPS) and in the Nash Building parking lot at the corner of Poplar and W. 4th Street (use 610 W. 4th Street for GPS)
- Handicapped parking is available next to Bookmarks in the Foundations Early Learning Center parking lot (use 300 Poplar Street NW for GPS)
- Visitors may also use the Foundations Early Learning Center parking lot on weekdays after 6 p.m. and all day Saturday & Sunday
Business 40 Shutdown & Detour Directions
- A 1.2 mile section of Business 40 in downtown Winston-Salem will close on Saturday, November 17 at 6 a.m.
- All Business 40 traffice will be diverted to I-40, Peters Creek Parkway, and US 52.
- Bookmarks visitors are encouraged to take the Peters Creek Parkway exit toward downtown from either I-40 or eastbound Business 40. Peters Creek Parkway becomes Second Street, which crosses over Board Street.
- To Fourth Street: From Second Street, turn left on Board Street and almost immediately turn right on to Fourth Street. Look for Foothills Brewery, Consignment Emporium, Footnote, Bookmarks, and Domino's Pizza on the right. Parking can be found on the street at the corner of Fourth and Poplar Streets.
- To our parking lot on Holly Avenue: From Second Street, continue over Broad Street and turn left on Poplar Street. The next left is Holly Avenue; our parking lot is on the right.
- Learn more about the shutdown at the Business 40 Improvement Project website.
Planning a trip to Winston-Salem? Learn more about our city, where to stay, what to do, and more by visiting the Visit Winston-Salem website!