Economics for Dummies, 3rd Edition (Paperback)
Understand the science of wealth and prosperity
- Find FREE quizzes for every chapter online
- Learn about good markets, bad monopolies, and inflation
- Decode budget deficits and trade gains
This book gives you everything you need to understand our rapidly evolving economy--as well as the economic fundamentals that never change. What's the best way to fight poverty? How can governments spur employment and wage growth? What can be done to protect endangered species and the environment? This book explains the answers to those questions--and many more--in plain English.
- Get the fascinating scoop on behavioral economics
- Understand the model of supply and demand
- See how governments use monetary and fiscal policy to fight recessions
- Discover game theory and the secrets of cooperation
About the Author
Sean Flynn, PhD, is an associate professor of economics at Scripps College in Claremont, California. A specialist in behavioral economics, Dr. Flynn has provided economic commentary for numerous news outlets, including NPR, ABC, FOX Business, and Forbes.