Sunshine Makes the Seasons (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2) (Paperback)
Read and find out about how sunshine makes the seasons in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
The sun shines down on us, giving warmth and light. But did you know that the sun also makes the seasons? As the earth makes one complete rotation around the sun every year, the seasons on the earth change—from winter to spring to summer to fall and back to winter again. Find out how the light from the sun affects life on earth for all living things in this look at the only star in our solar system.
This clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom, features fascinating sidebars and diagrams and clear text. It also includes a find out more section with a simple experiment that allows kids to make their own orbiting model with an orange and a pencil.
This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
About the Author
Franklyn M. Branley was the originator of the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science series and the author of close to 150 popular books about scientific topics for young readers of all ages. He was Astronomer Emeritus and former Chairman of the American Museum of Natural History-Hayden Planetarium.
Michael Rex learned to draw in Chatham, New Jersey, and studied at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. Who Digs? and Who Builds? are his first two books with HarperCollins. Mr. Rex lives in Brooklyn, New York.