Create a Bookmarks wishlist today to save a list of books you'd like to buy later. Bookmarks wishlists are the perfect way to create registries for weddings, baby showers, birthdays, and holidays. Community groups can also create wishlists to request books from the community and supporters.
You must create an account on our website to save books to your wish list. Once your account has been created, click on the "Add to Wish List" button when searching for books or viewing lists on our site.
An "Add to Wish List" button now appears alongside the "Add to Cart" button on product pages and book lists on our website. When you are logged into your online account, you can use this new button to add any book to your wishlist. Click here for instructions on how to create, edit and share your wish list.
Junior League of Winston-Salem BookWORM
The Junior League of Winston-Salem (JLWS) aims to help families gain greater access to books through BookWORM, a drive to collect new and gently used children's books from its members and the greater community. If you would like to support their efforts, you may contribute directly to their community partners via their Bookmarks Wish Lists.
When ordering from a wish list, please 1) choose in-store pickup and 2) list the name of the community partner you are shopping for in your order comments. You do not need to pickup or deliver your purchases - Bookmarks will coordinate book delivery/pickup directly with the community partner.
2017-2018 Community Partner Wish Lists (click to view):
Thanks for Supporting Bookmarks and the Literary Arts!
Here’s What You Just Did:
1) Invested in the power of imagination. Browsing Bookmarks is the best way to discover great books. We pick the authors who visit throughout the year and the books we feature based on what we know you like and want.
2) Supercharged a child’s learning. Children who grow up with books are an average of three years ahead with language and comprehension than children from bookless homes. Profits help us reach 7,500 students annually through our Authors in Schools program, place books in the hands and homes of children, and save schools thousands of dollars on books for their libraries and classrooms.
3) Embraced what makes our community unique. We celebrate a varied world and carry a wide array of books because we know our community and hope to support their many interests.
4) Became a patron of schools and the arts. Supporting a local, nonprofit, independent bookstore through your book purchase and not a remote, online bookseller, ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested right here in our county and state.
5) Created local jobs and internships. We are generating jobs, while also offering customized internships and volunteer opportunities for all ages.
6) Helped build a greener future. Supporting Bookmarks conserves energy and resources through reduced fuel for transportation and reduced packaging.
7) Made us a destination. We are proud to host the largest annual book festival in the Carolinas each September. The more interesting and unique we are as a community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors, and guests. This benefits everyone!
8) Kept dollars in our economy. For every $100 you spend at Bookmarks, your local, nonprofit, independent bookstore, more than $68 stays in our community. Even better, all profits are reinvested into our nonprofit’s community outreach.
9) Took advantage of our expertise. You are our friends and neighbors, and we have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. Please let us share our passion with you. We LOVE to talk books and authors!
10) Helped Bookmarks double our community outreach. With the creation of a new home, we will reach over 50,000 people in the coming year while hosting locally, regionally, and nationally known authors. Your support helps us continue to make a difference as we connect readers with authors and books through our programming.