Thank you for supporting Bookmarks!
Thanks for Supporting Bookmarks and the Literary Arts!
Here’s What You Just Did:
1) Invested in the power of imagination. Browsing Bookmarks is the best way to discover great books. We pick the authors who visit throughout the year and the books we feature based on what we know you like and want.
2) Supercharged a child’s learning. Children who grow up with books are an average of three years ahead with language and comprehension than children from bookless homes. Profits help us reach 7,500 students annually through our Authors in Schools program, place books in the hands and homes of children, and save schools thousands of dollars on books for their libraries and classrooms.
3) Embraced what makes our community unique. We celebrate a varied world and carry a wide array of books because we know our community and hope to support their many interests.
4) Became a patron of schools and the arts. Supporting a local, nonprofit, independent bookstore through your book purchase and not a remote, online bookseller, ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested right here in our county and state.
5) Created local jobs and internships. We are generating jobs, while also offering customized internships and volunteer opportunities for all ages.
6) Helped build a greener future. Supporting Bookmarks conserves energy and resources through reduced fuel for transportation and reduced packaging.
7) Made us a destination. We are proud to host the largest annual book festival in the Carolinas each September. The more interesting and unique we are as a community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors, and guests. This benefits everyone!
8) Kept dollars in our economy. For every $100 you spend at Bookmarks, your local, nonprofit, independent bookstore, more than $68 stays in our community. Even better, all profits are reinvested into our nonprofit’s community outreach.
9) Took advantage of our expertise. You are our friends and neighbors, and we have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. Please let us share our passion with you. We LOVE to talk books and authors!
10) Helped Bookmarks double our community outreach. With the creation of a new home, we will reach over 50,000 people in the coming year while hosting locally, regionally, and nationally known authors. Your support helps us continue to make a difference as we connect readers with authors and books through our programming.