Click on the link for a specific event or scroll down for a complete list of all events:
- 5/30: Bookmarks' Book Club
- 6/01: Bookmarks Presents Jeff Shaara
- 6/02: An Evening of Southern Food with Lucy Buffett
- 6/03: Salute! Booksigning with Lucy Buffett
- 6/08: A Reading and Signing with Jane Green
- 6/11: Arts Council Summer Park Series
- 6/16 Family-Friendly Film Screening: Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban Summer reading event
- 6/17: Saturday ART Jam Summer reading event
- 7/12: Bookmarks Presents John Grisham
Bookmarks' Book Club
Dates include: May 30, June 27, July 25, August 29, September 26, October 31, November 28
Coffee Park ARTS, 251 N. Spruce Street (inside Milton Rhodes Center)
Bookmarks hosts a book club the last Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Click here to visit our book club page for more information.
Bookmarks Presents Jeff Shaara, Best-Selling Military Novelist
Thursday, June 1 at 7 p.m.
Porter Byrum Welcome Center,
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
Hear Jeff Shaara speak about his new book, The Frozen Hours: A Novel of the Korean War, and answer audience questions. Books will be for sale at the event and a booksigning with the author will follow the event. Free and open to the public.
Meet & Greet Pre-Event Reception at 6 p.m.**
Pre-purchase a copy of Shaara's new book, The Frozen Hours; A Novel of the Korean War, from Bookmarks and get your book signed early! Enjoy a glass of Raffaldini wine and reserved seating at the 7 p.m. program. **Entry to reception is limited to first 75 individuals. Click here to order online and put RECEPTION in the checkout comments. Make sure to choose In-Store Pickup to pick up your book at the event.
Presented with support from Z. Smith Reynolds Library at Wake Forest University.
An Evening of Southern Food
Friday, June 2, 6:30 p.m.-8:45 p.m.
Milton Rhodes Center, 251 N. Spruce Street (inside Milton Rhodes Center)
Join the Winston-Salem Journal for an interactive and fun LIVE chef demonstration, featuring Restaurateur, Chef & Author Lucy Buffett (Jimmy Buffett's sister). Alongside local Winston-Salem chefs, Lucy explores some "classic southern food recipes" with a new twist. An author and foodie, Lucy's demonstration is the main feature presentation for the event. The chefs not only get to present their talented culinary skills, but they are able to interact with the audience, whether it be sharing stories or asking someone to join them onstage to sneak a taste. Lucy will feature two dishes that incorporate local southern food and progresses step-by-step so that the audience can follow along and ask questions.
Bookmarks will be on-site for book sales and a booksigning immediately following the event. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit https://events.journalnow.com/e/southernfoodws.
The 12th Annual Salute! NC Wine Celebration
Saturday, June 3
Fourth Street, Downtown Winston-Salem
Visit the Bookmarks booth from 1-3 p.m. to meet cookbook author Lucy Buffett, who will be signing copies of her cookbook. Lucy "LuLu" Buffett cooked her way from coast to coast before returning home to Alabama to open a modest little bayside gumbo and burger joint that doubled as a bait shop. Now, she is the successful restaurateur of two locations of LuLu's in Gulf Shores, Alabama, and Destin, Florida, where she serves over a million guests a year. Her adventures-culinary and otherwise-inspired her to write LuLu's Kitchen (formerly self-published as Crazy Sista Cooking), and now Gumbo Love.
For more information about Salute! visit: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2932839
A Reading and Signing with Jane Green
Thursday, June 8
12:30 p.m. - Reynolda Manor Library, 2839 Fairlawn Drive NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106
6:30 p.m. - High Point Library, 901 N. Main Street, High Point, NC 27262
With their compulsively readable plotlines, sharp senses of humor, and casts of flawed but relatable characters, Jane Green’s novels epitomize the “summer read.” People has called Green “the queen of beach books,” and fellow author Emma Straub declares her “the undisputed queen of the beach read.” This summer, Jane Green offers up her most compelling, heartfelt, and emotional story yet in The Sunshine Sisters, certain to be devoured in a few satisfying sittings.
Booksigning to follow the author reading and presentation; books will be for sale on-site from Bookmarks.
Arts Council Summer Park Series
Sunday, June 11, gates open at 4 p.m.; concert starts at 5 p.m.
Join the Arts Council of Winston-Salem for this free family event! Gates open at 4 p.m., concert starts at 5 p.m. - North Carolina Brass Band with Opening Act Big Bang Boom. Visit the Bookmarks table for book-themed coloring and kids' crafts!
For more information, visit http://intothearts.org/summer-parks-series/
Film Screening: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
A free Summer Reading event!
Friday, June 16 at 7 p.m.
BB&T Ballpark 951 Ballpark Way, Winston-Salem
Saturday ART Jam is a free community ART event sponsored by The AFAS Group
A free Summer Reading event!
Saturday, June 17 from 12:30–3 p.m.
Unleashed Arts Center AFAS Center for the Arts, 630 Liberty Street, 2nd Floor, Winston-Salem
The program will weave visual arts with the literary arts. All ages and skill levels are welcome. An average art project takes 45 minutes from start to finish. Please note: Parent and/or Guardian must stay with child(ren) at all times while on-site.
Bookmarks Presents John Grisham
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Bookmarks, 634 West Fourth Street #110, Winston-Salem Opening July 8!
Tickets on sale Monday, May 15 at 10 a.m. - click here to purchase tickets!
Last September, John Grisham promised he'd come back to celebrate the opening of Bookmarks' New Home, and he will visit just days after our Grand Opening on July 8. We invite you to celebrate John Grisham's new novel, Camino Island, and his first bookstore tour in 25 years. We will follow the official tour rules set by Doubleday as detailed below. 200 tickets available to the booksigning. Seating is extremely limited for the event following the booksigning -- 75 tickets available. John Grisham's Visit will be structured into two parts:
Booksigning (1-5 p.m.) and Event with Discussion/Q & A (5 p.m.)
- The event is ticketed - 1 ticket per person will include a copy of John Grisham's newest book, Camino Island.
- You must have your ticket on-hand to join the line, which will be first-come, first-serve beginning at 1 p.m.
- Mr. Grisham will personalize and sign up to 2 copies of Camino Island (one is included with ticket; 1 copy can be purchased on-site only). No backlist will be signed. No exceptions.
- Photos will be permitted.
- All books must be signed during the signing window of 1 - 5 p.m. There will NOT be autographing after the discussion/Q & A.
- Bookmarks will be closed to the public beginning at 12 noon on July 12. Doors open for all ticketed attendees at 1 p.m. Ticket holders may enter the line at any time during the four-hour period to have their book personalized and signed.
Ticket Prices and Information - Click here for tickets!
- Event Ticket for 5 p.m. with Book and Booksigning from 1 - 5 p.m. available for $135 ($100 is tax deductible and will be a donation to Bookmarks). Mr. Grisham's in-store discussion will begin at 5 p.m. following the signing. Seating at the discussion will be first-come, first-serve. There will not be assigned seating or saved seats. (75 tickets will be sold)
- Book and Booksigning Ticket available for $35 - This ticket includes one copy of John's newest book, Camino Island, a book signing with John personalizing your book and photo opportunities from 1-5 p.m. only. (125 tickets to be sold)
Bookmarks hosts events throughout the year. These events are held at public libraries, colleges, theatres, restaurants, galleries, and other arts facilities. Some events are ticketed as fundraisers and some are free and open to the public. Bookmarks works with more than 35 organizations and community groups each year on their fundraisers and events. We can supply books for sale at your event with a percentage given back to non-profits. Contact us more information on how we can help; email email@example.com.