Bookstore & Gathering Space
Bookmarks, a literary arts nonprofit, independent bookstore, and gathering space, welcomes you to visit our home for the literary arts in downtown Winston-Salem!
Our mission is to foster a love of reading and writing in the community by connecting readers and authors through our annual Festival of Books, an Authors in Schools program, and year-round author events held here and across the Triad.
By buying books from us, volunteering your time, sharing your enthusiasm and donating monetarily, each person who walks through our doors will help our nonprofit accomplish the important work of our mission for years to come.
Explore these links to learn more about Bookmarks and our home for the literary arts:
About Bookmarks --- Visit Us
Expansion Project and Construction Photos --- Building History
Media Coverage --- Premier Donors
Coming Events --- Information for Authors --- Volunteer
Karl the Kracken --- Inside the Writer's Studio Podcast
- Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday 12 - 6 p.m.
- Bookmarks occasionally opens late or closes early for ticketed and private events. Please check our monthly calendar for more details.
- Bookmarks is located at 634 W. 4th Street #110 in downtown Winston-Salem
- Our entrance is located through the breezeway located on W. 4th Street between Design Archives and Domino's Pizza
- Everyday parking is available behind Bookmarks' building off Holly Street and in the Nash Building parking lot at the corner of Poplar and W. 4th St.
- Handicapped parking is available in the parking lot next to Bookmarks at Foundations Early Learning Center.
- On weekends or weekdays after 6 p.m., visitors may also use the parking lot next to Bookmarks at Foundations Early Learning Center.
- GSP address for parking: 632 Holly Avenue (this is the building directly across from our parking lot entrance; you will see our parking lot on the opposite side)
Dining & Shopping
We are proud to be a part of the Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership and encourage you to visit our neighbors downtown, including our immediate neighbors and friends in the Nash Building on West 4th Street: Foothills Brewing, Design Archives, Skippy's, Subway, Domino's Pizza, and Tattoo Archive. Looking for more information about Winston-Salem? Check out Visit Winston-Salem to plan your trip!